The Inclusivity Committee at Bedford United currently is made up of one chair and 6 members. We meet about once a month from September to June.
Purpose of The Inclusivity Committee at Bedford United
To support the congregation in carrying out the Bedford United Church’s Mission Statement of accepting all people in an intentional way.
- To maintain and develop a library of background material on Affirm United’s program, educational videos, and publications to groups and individuals within the church.
- To engage in advocacy and awareness raising within the congregation regarding issues relative to being an Affirming Ministry.
- Establish support groups and networks within the congregation for gay and lesbians.
- To network, support and share with other ministries working on inclusivity issues.
- Maintain a display table of resources available through the Committee.
- To move toward including other marginalized individuals and groups.
Since becoming an Affirming Ministry, our church has participated in the Halifax Gay Pride Parade, had an information table set up at the post-parade event, worked with Safe Harbour, Halifax’s Metropolitan Community Church in various events such as the Christmas Community Supper, AIDS Vigil, and Transgender Day of Remembrance. Our committee offers occasional information sessions to those within and outside our congregation.
Currently the Inclusivity Committee is without a committee chair. However, you may contact the former chair of the committee, Anne Hebb at
or the church office, to have your inquiry directed to the appropriate committee member.